The local Philippine gambling scene is thriving. The nation is the most rapidly growing destination casino hub in Southeast Asia. There are several world-class casino resorts in the Philippines, most of which are concentrated in Luzon. Of course, you can find options for real-money domestic gambling in all Philippine regions. That’s true now more than ever, as nation has recently legalized online casino gambling and online sports betting for certain residents.
But even if you aren’t a “VIP,” you can safely and legally bet real money at offshore Philippine casinos instead of using local options. These sites are also open to players at just 18 and up, while local brick-and-mortar venues require all participants to be 21 or older. Of course, even if you do most of your gambling online through international channels, it’s still worth checking out all the entertaining retail casinos in the Philippines whenever you get the chance.
National And Regional Philippine Gambling Laws
There are 17 official “administrative regions” in the Philippines. For those living outside the islands – or for those about to travel to the islands – these regions are essentially “states.” The difference is that these regional governments are extensions of the national government, not their own sovereign districts.
As such, Philippine gambling laws apply to all regions throughout the three big island chains. Local municipalities and barangays do have a say on what kinds of gambling are tolerated in their immediate vicinities. However, but these concerns are bolstered by local civic and religious influences rather than local laws. As such, they can be overridden by PAGCOR and the greater Philippine government if deemed necessary for the national interest.
The one partial exception to this is found in Cagayan Province in northern Luzon. This area – called the Cagayan Special Economic Zone (CEZA) or Cagayan Freeport/Clark Freeport Zone – is a specially designated area designed as a self-sustaining commercial and tourism destination.
As such, the CEZA authorities have greater say when it comes to managing local Freeport casino and Freeport gambling projects. PAGCOR is still in charge of Cagayan casinos, but CEZA has a bit more leeway than most other regional authorities.
Philippine Casinos In Luzon
As the most populous island group in the Philippines, Luzon has the largest number of brick-and-mortar casinos in the country. The biggest and most popular of these venues are in Manila, where there’s a heavy emphasis on integrated resorts, or IRs.
These venues are similar in size and scope to the biggest and best Las Vegas casinos or Macau casinos, which should give you an idea of what to expect when gambling in Luzon.
Metro Manila, aka the Philippine National Capital Region (NCR), is the urban center of the nation. Naturally, it’s also a major tourist destination for both residents of the islands and international visitors, making Metro Manila gambling options attractive.
Manila is home to the top resort casinos in the Philippines, with the most luxurious venues comprising the famous Entertainment City casino district. Imagine the Vegas Strip in the USA, and you’ll get the idea.
Entertainment City – aka E-City – is the major tourist destination in Manila/Luzon. So much so, in fact, that it used to be called “Manila Bay Tourism City”! And once the region began expanding its gambling options – especially its major IR casinos – it was even briefly called “PAGCOR City.” This is the place for gambling tourists from all over the world.
Currently, there are three massive Entertainment City casinos up and running, with two more licensed venues under various stages of construction:
- Solaire Resort & Casino
- City of Dreams Manila
- Okada Manila
- Westside City Resorts World (under construction)
- NayonLanding (pending groundbreaking)
The Cagayan Valley is a major center of commerce and tourism in northern Luzon, and it’s the most “autonomous” local region in the Philippines. Cagayan Valley industry – including the Cagayan Valley gambling industry – is overseen by CEZA.
When it comes to the local Cagayan gambling market, PAGCOR ultimately remains in charge but gives a wide berth to CEZA administration. There are several casinos in Cagayan Valley, though these are slightly lesser venues than those found in Metro Manila.
- Bingo Boutique-Puregold San Pedro – San Pedro (Laguna)
- Casino Filipino Carmona – Carmona (Cavite)
- Casino Filipino Cavite – Bacoor (Cavite)
- Casino Filipino Laguna – Sta. Rosa (Laguna)
- Casino Filipino San Pedro – San Pedro (Laguna)
- Casino Filipino Tagaytay – Tagaytay (Cavite)
- El Rancho Hotel, Resort and Casino – Binan (Laguna)
- Fiesta Casino – Binangonan (Rizal)
- San Pedro VIP Club – San Pedro (Laguna)
- Supreme Casino Filipino Calamba – Calamba (Laguna)
- Bingo Boutique-Subic – Subic Bay Freeport Zone (Zambales)
- Casino Filipino Angeles – Angeles City (Pampanga)
- Casino Filipino Olongapo – Olongapo (Zambales)
- D’Heights Resort & Casino – Angeles (Pampanga)
- Fortunegate Clark – Mabalacat (Pampanga)
- Golden Nile Bar & Casino – Angeles City (Pampanga)
- Hann Casino Resort – Mabalacat (Pampanga)
- Oriental Paradise Casino – Subic Bay Freeport Zone (Zambales)
- Royce Hotel and Casino – Clark Freeport Zone (Pampanga)
- Subic Venecia Casino – Subic Bay Freeport Zone (Zambales)
- Widus Hotel and Casino Clark – Clark Freeport Zone (Pampanga)
- Wild Aces Poker Sports Club – Angeles (Pampanga)
- Wild Orchid Resort & Poker Room – Angeles City (Pampanga)
- Casino Filipino Binondo – Binondo
- Casino Filipino Citystate – Ermita
- Casino Filipino Malabon – Malabon
- Casino Filipino Malate – Manila
- Casino Filipino Ronquillo – Manila
- Casino Filipino Santa Cruz – Santa Cruz
- Casino Filipino Universal – Santa Cruz
- City of Dreams Manila – Entertainment City
- Club Tropicana Las Piñas – Las Piñas
- Club Tropicana Santa Mesa – Santa Mesa
- Empire Poker Sports Club – Pasig
- Lancaster Hotel – Mandaluyong
- Madison Square Garden Hotel & Casino – Mandaluyong
- Malabon Grand Hotel – Malabon
- Manila Grand Opera Hotel and Casino – Santa Cruz
- Master Poker Sports Club – Makati
- Masters Poker Club - Manila
- Metro Card Club - Pasig
- Midas Hotel & Casino – Pasay
- Midas Touch Poker Sports Club – Pasig
- NayonLanding – Entertainment City (Under Construction)
- Networld Hotel Spa & Casino – Pasay
- New World Manila Bay Hotel & Casino – Malate
- Okada Manila – Entertainment City
- Red Dragon Poker Room Manila - Manila
- Sheraton Manila Bay – Malate
- Sofitel Philippine Plaza Hotel – Pasay
- Solaire North – Quezon City (Under Construction)
- Solaire Resort & Casino - Entertainment City
- Sta Mesa Tropicana Casino - Manila
- The Grandz Casino – Caloocan
- Waterfront Manila Pavilion Hotel & Casino – Ermita
- Westside City Resorts World – Entertainment City (Under Construction)
- Winford Hotel and Casino – Santa Cruz
Note: This list of casinos in Luzon is regularly updated as old venues close, brands change hands, and new venues open. There are also multiple Luzon E-Games venues, Philippine card rooms, and PAGCOR Casino Filipino venues that are unlisted.
Philippine Casinos In Visayas
Visayas – the central Philippine island cluster – is less of a tourist destination than Manila, but there are still plenty of things to do and see in the region. You can find several casinos in Visayas, including the famed Casino Filipino and the Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino.
While these don’t attract as much international gambling attention, they do cater to some tourism and junket business. Locals are also able to gamble in these venues, although – just like anywhere else – they must meet certain financial requirements to be able to participate.
- Bingo Boutique-Pablo Verde – Lapu-Lapu City (Cebu)
- Casino Espanol de Cebu – Cebu City (Cebu)
- Casino Filipino Lapu-Lapu – Lapu-Lapu City (Cebu)
- Casino Filipino Talisay – Talisay City (Cebu)
- Crown Casino – Cebu City (Cebu)
- Emerald Bay Resort and Casino – Lapu-Lapu City (Cebu)
- Mactan Isla Resort and Casino – Lapu-Lapu City (Cebu)
- NUSTAR Resort & Casino – Cebu City (Cebu)
- The Palace Casino Cebu – Lapu-Lapu City (Cebu)
- Waterfront Airport Hotel & Casino – Lapu-Lapu City (Cebu)
- Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino – Cebu City (Cebu)
- Arcade-Amigo Hotel – Iloilo City (Iloilo)
- Bingo Boutique Gaisano Grand City Bacolod – Bacolod (Negros Occidental)
- Casino Filipino Bacolod – Bacolod (Negros Occidental)
- Casino Filipino Iloilo – Iloilo City (Iloilo)
- Northland Entertainment Center – Manapla (Negros Occidental)
Note: This list of casinos in Visayas is regularly updated as old venues close, brands change hands, and new venues open. There are also multiple Visayas E-Games venues, Philippine card rooms, and PAGCOR Casino Filipino venues that are unlisted.
Philippine Casinos In Mindanao
Mindanao is the southernmost large island chain in the Philippines, and there are several casinos in the region. The most famous (or infamous) Mindanao casino is the Grand Imperial Casino in Misamis Oriental. Of course, tourists and locals alike are probably more interested in the various Davao City casinos (i.e. the Casino Filipino Davao, etc.).
If it’s your first trip to the Philippines, Mindanao casinos are likely to be somewhat near the bottom of your list of major gambling destinations, but they’re still worth checking out.
Cagayan de Oro
- Grand Imperial Opol – Opol (Misamis Oriental)
- Bingo Boutique–JLF Parkway – Davao City (Davao del Sur)
- Casino Filipino – Davao City (Davao del Sur)
- The Metro Card Club Davao – Davao City (Davao del Sur)
- Grand Imperial Casino – General Santos City (South Cotabato)
Note: This list of casinos in Mindanao is regularly updated as old venues close, brands change hands, and new venues open. There are also multiple Mindanao E-Games venues, Philippine card rooms, and PAGCOR Casino Filipino venues that are unlisted.
List Of Philippine Regions With Legal Gambling
With new Philippine casinos being constructed as the industry doubles down on gambling tourism in 2022, our Philippine casino list is necessarily a work in progress. We’ve included all 17 Philippine administrative regions here, but not all regions have active land-based casinos at this time.
Of course, with the nationwide rollout of limited online casino gambling (aka iGaming) and online sports betting via MegaSportsWorld (MSW), VIP players aged 21 and up have the option to gamble from literally any Philippine region.
Note: Official list of casinos in the Philippines is currently under construction.
- Region 1: National Capital Region (Manila, Luzon)
- Region 2: Cordillera Administrative Region (Baguio, Luzon)
- Region 3: Ilocos Region (San Fernando – La Union, Luzon)
- Region 4: Cagayan Valley (Tuguegerao, Luzon)
- Region 5: Central Luzon (San Fernando - Pampanga, Luzon)
- Region 6: Calabarzon (Calamba, Luzon)
- Region 7: Southwestern Tagalog Region (Calapan, Luzon)
- Region 8: Bicol Region (Legazpi, Luzon)
- Region 9: Western Visayas (Iloilo City, Visayas)
- Region 10: Central Visayas (Cebu City, Visayas)
- Region 11: Eastern Visayas (Tacloban, Visayas)
- Region 12: Zamboanga Peninsula (Pagadian, Mindanao)
- Region 13: Northern Mindanao (Cagayan de Oro, Mindanao)
- Region 14: Davao Region (Davao City, Mindanao)
- Region 15: Soccsksargen (Koronadal, Mindanao)
- Region 16: Caraga (Butuan, Mindanao)
- Region 17: Bangsamoro (Cotabato City, Mindanao)
Legal Online Casinos Serving All Philippines Regions
|Site Name||Bonus Offer||Age||Accepts Filipinos?||Visit Site|
|100% Max $3,000||18+||Visit Site Review|
|150% Max $750||21+||Visit Site Review|
|250% Max $6000||18+||Visit Site Review|
|100% Max $1,000||18+||Visit Site Review|
|100% Max $300||21+||Visit Site Review|
|100% Max $100||18+||Visit Site Review|
Local Philippine Casino Gambling FAQs
The Philippines has a healthy gambling industry, though local casino options tend to favor wealthier citizens and residents.
It is still legal for all adults in the islands to gamble domestically, but the majority of Filipinos have somewhat limited opportunities for doing so.
Online gambling with overseas casinos is much more universally accessible.
Online gambling is legal in the Philippines both domestically and in an offshore capacity.
Domestic online Philippine casinos are regulated by PAGCOR, whereas international offshore casinos do not require governmental oversight.
However, as always, it is crucially important that you only gamble with the most trusted online PH casino operators like those featured here.
There are over 100 different brick-and-mortar casinos, card rooms, and E-Game salons in the Philippines, with Metro Manila being home to the majority of these.
The most popular gambling district is Entertainment City, which is basically the Philippine Las Vegas Strip.
While the nation’s casinos and gambling houses were shuttered through much of 2020 and operating at reduced capacities in 2021, almost all Philippine casinos are back up and running at full capacity today.
If a particular casino in the Philippines was shuttered during the coronavirus pandemic and hasn’t reopened by now, it probably isn’t going to reopen at all.
Luckily, this didn’t happen to very many venues in the islands, so it shouldn’t be an issue.
To participate in retail casino gambling, Filipino players must be at least 21 years of age. This is a universal rule established by congress, and there are no exceptions to this casino age minimum.
The 21+ limit also applies to Philippine sports betting at MSW venues.
However, you can bet on horses in the Philippines and play the Philippine Lottery at just 18 and up.
21+ domestic, 18+ offshore
If you’re gambling at a domestic online casino or betting on sports online through MSW, you must be at least 21 years of age.
However, if you choose to use one of the offshore betting sites we recommend here, you can play real-money online casino games, bet sports, play online poker, and even wager on horses at just 18 and up.
The biggest casino in the Philippines in terms of game selection is the Okada Manila in Entertainment City.
The Okada Philippine casino has over 3000 slot machines and more than 500 table games on its gaming floor.
In terms of gaming floor size, the biggest PH casino is actually the Resorts World Manila. This E-City casino has 323,000+ square feet of gaming space, making it one of the largest casinos in the world.
Any casino in Entertainment City
It’s difficult to say exactly which PH casino venue is most popular.
All three Entertainment City venues see roughly the same foot traffic and revenues, though the Okada Manila is probably going to be rated number one by most guests.
Regardless, our rule is that you should make an effort to gamble at all the biggest casinos when visiting any major casino strip for the first time.
Luckily, it's easy to do that in Entertainment City.
No matter where you are in the world, if you’re in a brick-and-mortar casino that has slot machines, slots are going to be the most popular games in the place.
Nothing else comes close to slots in terms of popularity, and that’s never going to change.
If you play with any domestic gambling operator in the Philippines, your winnings are taxable.
It’s also important to note that offshore casinos and other international gambling sites are not tax shelters.
You must always report your gambling winnings regardless of where you earned them.